Verb baiting hooks with live worms the interviewer kept baiting the politician by asking him whether he was lying noun cheese used for bait in mousetraps wait until the fish takes the bait a wide selection of lures and baits. Bait 1 bt n 1 a food or other lure placed on a hook or in a trap and used in the taking of fish birds or other animals b something such as a worm used for this purpose 2 an enticement temptation or provocation he did not take the bait by responding to the taunt and getting drawn into an argument v baited baiting baits vtr 1 . To entice by deception or trickery so as to entrap or destroy using fake signal lights to bait the ships onto the rocks
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.