Language and gender is an interdisciplinary field of research that studies varieties of speech in terms of gender gender relations and sexuality. My interest in language and gender grew out of my dissatisfaction with treatments of gender in studies of variation and my observation in my own data that gender is not independent of other aspects of social identity. It is a truism that men and women do not communicate in the same way but is there really any evidence to support this mars and venus theory oxford language professor deborah cameron investigates . The study of gender and language in sociolinguistics and gender studies is often said to have begun with robin lakoffs 1975 book language and womans place as well as some earlier studies by lakoff the study of language and gender has developed greatly since the 1970s
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.